Should you be concerned?
| Why prepare?
| How to prepare?
Are you Bird Flu Smart?
The facts about Bird Flu:
learn more or watch a video...
- It’s not if but when- typically three pandemics hit per century.
- A bird Flu pandemic could kill as many people in weeks as AIDS has in 25 years.
- The Bird Flu is currently killing 60% of those infected.
- When a pandemic hits there will be shortages of supplies and services.
- There are steps you can take now to prepare. How to prepare?
Should you be concerned about Bird Flu?
Experts are advising that a Flu Pandemic will come and that Bird Flu (H5N1) has the potential to create more widespread illness and death than has been seen in recent pandemics. There are several reasons infectious disease experts like Dr. Michael Osterholm of the University of Minnesota are concerned... learn more or watch a video...
Governments, health care organizations such as WHO, and the CDC are preparing for the eventual pandemic. Even with all their preparation it is clear the preparation will not be sufficient for a Pandemic. These agencies are recommending that you prepare. more...
The impact of a pandemic depends on preparedness of individuals and businesses.
Waiting to prepare for a pandemic is like waiting for a category five hurricane to come ashore before getting plywood, by then it's too late. With modern air transportation a pandemic could arrive virtually anywhere in the world within a matter of days. more...
How to Prepare for a Pandemic:
- 1) Take stock of your household. How long could you sustain yourself
without being re-supplied?
- 2) Begin now to work with your doctor and insurance company to obtain more...